CASE Credit Union is a local institution with seven branches in the tri county area. Our field of membership expands through the entire lower peninsula of Michigan. You may ask yourself, why would they offer services when there isn’t a local branch in the area? That is a great question, and this article will address how you can be a member of CASE Credit Union without a physical branch near you.
- CASE is a member of Co-Op who works behind the scenes to support credit unions by bringing them the latest financial services technology. Co-Op offers over 30,000 surcharge free ATMs nationwide so you have access to your money 24/7.
- Co-Op also offers the Family Service Centers- allowing you to conduct your CASE business at over 5000 participating credit union locations anywhere in the United States.
- Using your mobile device, you have banking at your fingertips anytime, anywhere.
- If your employer offers Direct Deposit, you have immediate access to your paycheck.
- Deposit Express-After you have enrolled, download our mobile app, you can use your smartphone to make check deposits securely.
- Our Contact Center offers you the ability to conduct your business by speaking to an employee of CASE during business hours.
You can see that being a member of CASE Credit Union does not mean you need to have a physical branch near you.
CASE Credit Union is also a Community Development Credit Union (CDCU), with a mission of serving low-and moderate-income people and communities. We specialize in serving populations with limited access to safe financial services. Some of the services we offer include:
Free Financial Counseling– Nearly everyone faces a financial crisis at least one in their lifetime. We can help to get you back on track through solutions for a budget that is workable, which leads to improved credit.
Load N Go-A reloadable account allowing our members to use only the funds that are available without worrying about fees. For those who do not qualify for a checking account or do not want a checking account, this is the card for you.
CASE Cash-This loan intended to provide our members with a lower-cost option to meet a short term cash need, to help you avoid Predatory lenders.
Responsible Rides Auto Loan-Offers an affordable loan to those who need a vehicle for work/school. These loans are for people who may be credit challenged and are interested in an older, higher mileage vehicle. This program offers 1 year of free membership to AAA for Roadside Assistance and a free pre inspection check from MotorCars of Lansing.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis Grants- As a member partner FHLBI offers three grant programs designated to address the homeowner needs. This grant assists homeowners with repairs, modifications for eligible seniors and those with a permanent disability, and help for first time homebuyers with down payment and closing costs. Be sure check back in the spring of 2018 for the next round of funding.
We have also teamed with AARP to offer seminars for people of all ages.
50+ finances-A financial capability program designed to motivate and empower participants to take charge of their financial future. The program assists individuals to make objective assessments, set appropriate goals and establish habits and behavior that will help them thrive.
Homefit-The AARP HomeFit Guide was created to help people stay in the homes they love by turning where they live into a “lifelong home,” suitable for themselves and anyone in their household. Solutions are offered that range from simple do-it-yourself fixes to improvements that are more involved and require skilled expertise but are well worth the expense.
We continue to listen to our community partners on what is important to their clients and we work hard to create the products to assist them.
For more information on these and many other services visit us at www.casecu.org.